There are two main reasons;
1. An ingrown toenail with infection and adjacent overgrowth of red tissue.
2. Constant or recurring nail pressure discomfort where trimming down the sides of the nail provides only temporary relief.
Our Ingrown Toenail Surgery Sydney Clinic can be contacted on 9964 0099.
A partial nail avulsion is a simple and quick surgical procedure that can treat a toe nail that is pressing on, or cutting into, the adjacent skin of the toe. Instead of just cutting out the corner of the nail, a partial nail avulsion takes out a narrow strip of nail from base to tip. This procedure, when used with a chemical called phenol, will permanently narrow the width of the toe nail. The nail bed will need 2-3 weeks to heal following nail surgery and open toed shoes are recommended for at least 2-3 days following surgery for an ingrown nail. For more information about the procedure, you can go to the nail surgery page and nail avulsion FAQ's.
A partial nail avulsion procedure is performed under local anaesthetic making it comfortable and painless. Once the anaesthetic wears off, there may be varying levels of discomfort, but usually only minimal and lasting less than 24 hours. Strategies to minimise post-operative pain will be discussed during the consultation.
Our ingrown toenail surgery Sydney clinic has a strong focus on making the experience of ingrown toenail surgery as comfortable and pain free as possible.
Cost will vary depending on the type of treatment as outlined below.
1. Non-surgical removal of an ingrown toenail or any other general skin and nail care: $105. Subsequent routine visits are $95.
2. Nail surgery to permanently remove the problematic portion of nail: $450 (single side) - $750 (4 sides).
3. Nail bracing to reduce over-curvature of the nail: $785 - $995 (based off a single toe being braced over an 8 month period).
For more information regarding cost for ingrown toenail treatment Sydney call 9964 0099.